Here is a list of posts I like on the bainite blog, not necessarily the ones that get the most traffic.
- How to Make a Diamond – this seems like a popular topic, no you can’t just microwave your lunch for a long time.
- Reading Machiavelli – short discussion of the misrepresentation of Machiavelli.
Movie Inspired Posts:
- Iron man movie review – where I review Iron Man from my perspective as a metallurgist.
- Network, Neural Network. License to model? I attempted to apply neural network modelling to the James Bond movie franchise.
- Magneto Redux – I discuss magnetism with reference to the X-men character Magneto.
Actual Metallurgy Posts:
- Nanotubes in Damascus swords – discussion of observations published in ‘Nature’.
- Tin Pest – showing phase transformation in action!
- Martensite kinetics – basic transformation kinetics of martensite.
- GFDS – when are dislocations necessary? – discussion of this strange terminology.
- Bainite, Shear Relief – measurement of shear component of bainite.